Director: TMC MARINE PTE LTD, SINGAPORE
- Department of Transport Chief Engineers, Class 1 Motor Certificate
- Ordinary National Diploma in Engineering
Prior to joining TMC, Ian spent 29 years at sea, during this time he served in all ranks up to Chief Engineer. He served in the rank of Chief Engineer for 10 years. He served on various ship types including gas, oil, and chemical tankers, general cargo vessels, ro-ro vessels, and accommodation barges.
Ian came ashore in 2006 as a Fleet Superintendent with responsibility for a Gas Fleet of six Vessels.
Since joining TMC in September 2008, Ian has carried out, amongst other undertakings:
- LNG carrier reliquefaction plant failure investigation.
- Exhaust Gas boiler damage investigation.
- Bulk carrier hull and propeller damage repair.
- Loss of Vessel power and steering resulting in LOF investigation.
- Passenger Vessel Engine Room Fire investigation.
- Sunken Vessel salvage wreck removal.
- Grounded Vessel cargo trans-shipment and salvage wreck removal.
- FSO Engine Room Fire repair.
- Bulk carrier hatch cover damage repair.
- Vessel audits for third party.
- Alleged Bunker theft investigation.
- Crane damage repair.
- Inspection and investigation into Generator Engine damage.
- Thorough inspection of Newbuild Ethylene/LNG carriers and liaison with yard to facilitate delivery.
- Inspection of barge tank condition and deck cracking.
- VLCC pre-purchase inspections.
- Tug pre-purchase inspection.
- Chemical Tanker pre-purchase inspection.
- Shear Leg Barge pre-purchase inspection.
- Newbuild dispute concerning Generator bearing failure.
- Collision damage of Crude Oil/Products Carrier.
- SSS, MBES, and ROV survey of sunken Vessel.
- Investigation of Main Engine Connecting Rod Crankpin bolt failure.
- Investigation of Chemical Carrier bulkhead cracking between cargo tanks.
- Investigation into Main Engine crankcase explosion
- Verification of collision damage and repair of Gas Tanker hull
- Resolution of Bulk Carrier hatch sealing problems.
- Due diligence review for possible purchase of Chemical Carrier fleet.